Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Abounding Hope: Week 6--True Hope


June 26, 2013 by Jennifer Baierl

Seeking Repentance for a True Hope

Wow ladies, can you believe that we are half-way through our study?  I am getting so much out of it and I am blessed daily through digging deeper than just reading the verses on the page.  The community that we have truly facilitates a bond that allows growth in our faith and a closeness with the Father.
Just last week, Job was humbled by God.  God gave Job a reality check of who He is and who Job was not.  This week, we see a repentant Job as he responds to the Lord. 
"I'm convinced: You can do anything and everything.Nothing and no one can upset your plans.You asked, 'Who is this muddying the water,ignorantly confusing the issue, second-guessing my purposes?'I admit it. I was the one. I babbled on about things far beyond me,made small talk about wonders way over my head.You told me, 'Listen, and let me do the talking.Let me ask the questions. You give the answers.'I admit I once lived by rumors of you;now I have it all firsthand—from my own eyes and ears!I'm sorry—forgive me. I'll never do that again, I promise!I'll never again live on crusts of hearsay, crumbs of rumor."  Job 42: 1-6 MSG
Do we sometimes live by rumors of God?  
Do we only know the God of the Bible, the God who lives inside of others, and performed miracles in the Bible?  
Have we missed out on the One who LIVES inside of us, the One who speaks life and fashioned every beautiful piece of us?  
There is HOPE in the living God!  
Confess it, like Job, let God wash you in his forgiveness, and then walk in freedom.
 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9 NIV
We know that Job's friends gave poor counsel.  Job and God both had reason to be angry with them.  God spoke to them about His anger, but He gave them a way to atone for their sins.  He asked them to offer a burnt sacrifice and told them that Job would pray for their wrong doing.  
Oh, my heart needed that!  When I have wronged a friend, or if they have ever wronged me, praying for them is ALWAYS the answer!! God accepted Job's prayer for his friends.  There was abounding hope!


Lord, I am overwhelmed by a need to ask you to keep us in check.  When we want to question your motives or who You are, let us fall with repentant hearts, seeking to serve the REAL you, not just a rumor thereof.  Amen.

Written by Jennifer Baierl
WCW Social Media Coordinator

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates